Photography Tour - Architecture by Night - Wednesday 6 December 6.30pm
Photographing the City’s iconic structures, the tour includes Lloyd’s Building and Heron Tower where lighting dramatically re-enforces their night time presence. At Tower Bridge a new illumination to mark the 2012 Olympics replaced the first significant illumination of 25 years.
This is an introductory tour led by an acclaimed architectural photographer and member of the architectural photography agency VIEW Pictures, who will be on hand to guide you and answer any questions as you discover the techniques of night photography.
Participants should be familiar with the manual functions of their camera.
The tour will cover:
- Illumination of the City’s buildings and how to photograph them
- Using long shutter speeds to render light trails
- Optimum time to take night photographs
- Selection of aperture, shutter and ISO to produce best results
- Your rights to photograph in public
You MUST bring your own camera. A TRIPOD IS ESSENTIAL FOR THE NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY TOURS
Meet at the post boxes, opposite Lloyd’s of London, One Lime Street EC3M 7HA. Duration 2 hrs approx. Tour ends at Tower Pier.